If you have a number of problems with your teeth and you are unhappy with your smile, you may have thought that the work you needed went beyond just cosmetic dentistry. Perhaps you not only have a smile that embarrasses you, but you might be feeling discomfort or dealing with missing teeth and other issues. This is where a smile makeover comes into the picture. If you have multiple problems with your mouth and smile, talk to the team at the Dental Care Center about how the elements of a smile makeover might be just what you need to have a smile that looks good—and works well.
What Might Be Included in a Smile Makeover
When you come in for a smile makeover, there might be a combination of treatments that we recommend to give you back the form and function of your teeth. Some of the elements of smile makeovers in Van Nuys might include the following:
- Ceramic crowns. When teeth have been weakened or damaged, or if they are oddly shaped or discolored, a ceramic crown will fit right over the tooth. Crowns look and function just like your natural tooth.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are by far the best method around for replacing missing teeth. They look very much like your natural teeth, and because the implant embeds into the jawbone, they provide the stability that dentures don’t have.
- Dental onlays. If you don’t need a full crown, an onlay will fit over the top of your tooth, enabling damage to be fixed while keeping more of the original tooth structure intact.
- Dental veneers. Plenty of celebrities have used dental veneers to camouflage an array of common cosmetic dental issues, and you too can have a Hollywood smile with these thin porcelain shells that fit over the front of your teeth.
- Partial or complete dentures. Dentures are one of the most common and affordable ways to replace teeth, whether you are missing several or all of your teeth. Unlike the fake-looking dentures of yesterday, today’s modern dentures look more natural and are more reliable than ever before.
- Tooth-colored fillings. Unlike the old metal amalgam fillings that used to be common, today’s tooth-colored fillings are a cosmetically pleasing way to repair teeth—even in the front of the mouth. Because they are made to match the color of your natural teeth, they are practically invisible.
Do You Need a Smile Makeover?
Give us a call today to find out how you can achieve your best smile! Smile makeovers in Van Nuys, CA are just a phone call away at the Dental Care Center.