Orthodontics in Van Nuys, CA
If you have crooked teeth, you might be embarrassed about the appearance of your smile. This is normal and understandable. Everyone wants a smile they feel good about!
But you might not be aware of the fact that teeth that are overlapped or crowded can actually have an impact on your overall dental health. Proper arrangement of your teeth, jaws, and mouth can also prevent issues such as gum disease, jaw alignment problems, and teeth grinding. At The Dental Care Center in Van Nuys, CA, we offer convenient orthodontic treatment for patients of all ages. Regardless of your age, investing in orthodontic treatment today is an investment in your future tomorrow.
In addition to traditional metal braces, we offer other options, including Invisalign invisible braces and hidden wire braces. Let us turn your smile into one you can’t wait to show the world!
We invite you to read below for more information on orthodontics at our Van Nuys, CA dental office. Then call to make an appointment for a consultation to learn more about orthodontics and Invisalign.
- Orthodontic Treatment Could Be Good for Your Oral Health
- When Traditional Orthodontics Might Be Your Best Option
- Advanced Orthodontic Treatment for Your Best Smile
- Orthodontic Treatment Can Be Fast, Effective—and Invisible
- The Invisalign Process
- The Benefits of Invisalign
- The Importance of Compliance
- Insurance Coverage for Invisalign
- Make an Appointment Today
Orthodontic Treatment Benefits Your Oral Health
There are two good reasons to consider orthodontic treatment at our Van Nuys, CA dental clinic: (1) Your smile will look better, and (2) your smile will function better. Did you know that people with misaligned or crooked teeth are more prone to developing tooth decay? Most people also find that it is easier to keep an aligned smile clean because flossing and brushing will be easier. Crooked teeth can create hard-to-reach areas, so you might be missing them when you brush and floss.
When you love the look of your smile because you have lovely straight teeth, you might also be more motivated to take better care of them.
When Traditional Orthodontics Might Be Your Best Option
In some cases, traditional orthodontics provide our Van Nuys, CA patients with the best way to reach their goals for their smiles. These situations include the following:
- If you have a jaw that is misaligned, meaning the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly, treatment with traditional orthodontics is usually recommended.
- When an overbite or underbite is so severe, other orthodontics methods such as clear braces, may not be able to make the correction.
- Teeth that are extremely overcrowded might benefit from traditional orthodontics.
- Wide spaces or gaps in your smile are often better treated with traditional wire and bracket braces.
The best way to find out which orthodontic treatment might best for your situation is to talk to a top Van Nuys, CA dentist.
Advanced Orthodontic Treatment for Your Best Smile
If you have crooked and uneven teeth, you might feel self-conscious about smiling. Why not talk to The Dental Care Center about some of the orthodontic options that are available? Left untreated, orthodontic issues can cause problems down the road, including decay of your teeth and problems with your jaw.
Straightening your teeth does not have to mean a mouth full of metal, nor does it have to mean spending several years visiting the orthodontist. Although we still do offer traditional metal braces, we can also talk with you about other options that are both discreet and effective. Imagine getting straight, beautiful teeth without brackets, wires, or rubber bands.
Let us create a custom treatment plan so you can reach all your orthodontic treatment goals! We have specialists under one roof who are ready to customize a treatment plan that can address all your oral health and aesthetic concerns.
Orthodontic Treatment Can Be Fast, Effective—and Invisible
We are pleased to offer Invisalign as an option at The Dental Care Center. This clinically proven technique will straighten teeth and improve your smile without the look of traditional metal braces.
With Invisalign, we can treat teeth that are crowded, protruding, and have extra spaces and gaps. Invisalign can also correct an overbite. If you have been hesitant to commit to braces to straighten your teeth, talk to us about Invisalign. With this nearly invisible orthodontic solution, we have helped many patients achieve the smile they have always dreamed about.
Invisalign in Van Nuys, CA
Patients who opt for Invisalign will receive a series of aligners that will gently and gradually move the teeth into an aligned position. These clear aligners are removable—and they are barely visible, even to someone who is sitting across from you. Care for your teeth while undergoing Invisalign treatment is easy because the aligners are removed for eating and brushing.
Unlike traditional metal braces, which can limit the types of food you eat and make cleaning your teeth difficult, the removable Invisalign devices ensure your life is not disrupted for orthodontics.
The Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
If you are considering braces in Van Nuys, CA, your gain goal is more than likely because you want a lovely straight smile. With Invisalign, you can achieve that. But the good news is that there are other benefits to Invisalign’s clear plastic aligner treatment.
- It’s easier to take care of your teeth during treatment. It is difficult to brush and floss with traditional wire-and-bracket braces, but since Invisalign’s clear plastic aligners are removable, brushing and flossing is easy. This can also go a long way toward protecting the health of your gums.
- You can eat all of your favorite foods with Invisalign. Since you can remove the clear plastic aligners, there are no worries about breaking anything as there is with traditional orthodontics.
- If you have a special social occasion or job interview, you can remove the custom trays for a short period of time if you want to be sure no one knows you are undergoing orthodontic treatment in Van Nuys, CA. Just be sure to put them back in as soon as you are able.
Find out more about Invisalign and its many advantages by contacting our Van Nuys, CA dental office.
The Importance of Compliance
We usually recommend Invisalign to older, responsible teens and adults because compliance is so crucial to successful treatment. You must leave in the clear plastic aligners in for at least 22 hours per day if you are to reach your smile goals. Since they are so easily removed, it is up to you to be diligent about wearing your clear plastic aligners the way your Van Nuys, CA dentist directs.
Insurance Coverage for Invisalign
If you’re wondering how to manage the cost of Invisalign in Van Nuys, CA, you’ll be pleased to know that your dental insurance might cover a portion of it. The best way to find out is to have us review your insurance plan to see what if any benefits will apply. We can go over your out-of-pocket costs at that time as well
We also accept credit cards, as well as third-party lender CareCredit, which provide other options for payment
Make an Appointment with our 91405 Dentist Today
If you are hiding your smile because you are embarrassed about a crooked or uneven smile, find out about Invisalign or other options for orthodontics in Van Nuys, CA by calling The Dental Care Center today!